popsiclesinbed

popsiclesinbed

Thou Shalt Not Road Trip - Antony John Eh... I really like Five Flavors of Dumb. It was one of my favorites from last year. And I love road trip books, so I was pretty excited for this one. It was okay.
It reminded me of the Disenchantments, which also just came out and also was about a boy-girl long term friendship where the boy really liked the girl and then the girl really disappointed the guy by changing before they go on a road trip, but the girl won't explain why she changed for some reason until their road trip is over and it ends up not being a very big revelation at all and then they decide to just be friends.
Also, both books were disappointing to me.
For the first half of this book, I kept thinking, I hope whatever is "different" about this girl from what she used to be is more than her hair color and piercings. Spoiler alert: it isn't.

Despite all of this, it was a quick and engaging read. It was funny at several parts - especially when I wasn't cringing over the dumb stuff the MC, Luke, was saying at his speaking engagements.