popsiclesinbed

popsiclesinbed

Ultimate Comics Spider-Man, Vol.1 - Brian Michael Bendis, Sara Pichelli Despite having a few pages with weird spreads (some were left to right across the full spread, in multiple panels and it was confusing), this book was pretty awesome. Peter Parker has died, but luckily Miles Morales has just been bitten by a radioactive spider, so he can train to take his place. I love Miles as Spider-Man; if someone has to replace Peter Parker, I'm glad it is this guy. Miles has some powers Peter didn't have, like camouflaging, so he gets to be a little bit different. Miles is just starting at a boarding school, and wanted to tell his parents about his spidey-powers, but they don't approve of mutants, so he reveals all only to his bestie Ganke. Ganke is adorable. He knows everything about being a superhero and encourages Miles to embrace his gift, even giving him his Spider-Man Halloween costume to wear (though it is in bad taste.) One of my favorite things about this alternate Spider-Man is how young Miles is; he must be only 14 or so.